Blunts Mere at 2.7 acres is a picturesque mature gravel pit set in the Ulting Countryside. common and mirror carp to 28lb. A good head of Carp averaging 10-15Ibs, with upper doubles and twenties becoming more regular. A good head of tench to 5lb are also present. Bag's of Rudd & Roach make this a great venue for the pleasure angler as well as the Specimen hunter in search of Crucian Carp and Perch around the 3lb mark. A Crucian hybrid of nearly 5lb was taken on the float in 2008. A perch of 4 lb 9 oz was caught a few years ago on waggler fished maggot.
With depths ranging from 3 - 14 ft and an average of 7ft all methods will produce and simple baits such as sweetcorn pellett & meat will catch both good bags and specimens alike.
Night fishing available with valid permit. Two designated swims for disabled anglers close to the car park. Toilet on site. Open for fishing 1st May.
Guest tickets are now available via the members area. please login via the CAA home page.
If you experiance any issues please call 07973359172
Enter your post code in the box below for directions and google map to Blunts Mere gate. Or click the expand button above to get detailed direction
Colchester A12 Junction (20a) Hatfield Peverel
1. At junction 20a, exit toward Hatfield Peverel/B1137 (0.3 mi)
2. Merge onto Bury Ln (0.1 mi)
3. Turn left at The St/B1137 (signs for Hatfield Peverel/Terling/Maldon/B1019) (0.4 mi) 4. Take the 2nd right onto Maldon Rd/B1019 (0.5 mi)
5. Slight right at Ulting Rd (1.1 mi)
6. Continue onto Crouchman's Farm Rd (0.4 mi)
7. Turn left to stay on Crouchman's Farm Rd (0.4 mi)
8. Take the 1st left onto Ulting Ln (0.2 mi)
Brentwood A12 Junction (18) Great Baddow
1. Head north on Exit 18 (0.2 mi)
2. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Maldon Rd/A414
3. heading to Maldon Continue to follow A414 Go through 1 roundabout (2.5 mi)
4. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Maldon Rd/A414 Continue to follow Maldon Rd (0.7 mi)
4. Turn left toward Herbage Park Rd (0.7 mi)
5. Continue straight onto Herbage Park Rd (0.5 mi)
6. Continue onto Church Hill (0.1 mi)
7. Continue onto The St (0.1 mi)
8. Continue onto Rectory Rd (0.4 mi)
9. Continue onto Hoe Mill Rd 0.4 mi
10. Turn left to stay on Hoe Mill Rd
11. Continue onto The Causeway (0.4 mi)
12. Turn right at Ulting Ln (0.2 mi)
Join Online Now
For all membership enquiries please contact the membership secretary.
Telephone: 07840 881970 (6pm - 8pm)