Cants Mere at 3 acres is mainly a Carp Fishery with fish in the 10-38 lb bracket. Rudd and Roach to 1lb 8oz, Perch to 2Ib. 20 small pike were stocked between October 2015 and March 2016, now showing at 13 lbs+. Depths average 9-10 feet.
The fisheries management team have removed most of the small common carp. 35 larger carp, from 18-23lb, have been introduced to create a specimen fishery.
Guest tickets are now available via the members area. please login via the CAA home page.
If you experiance any issues please call 07973359172
Enter your post code in the box below for directions and google map to Cants Mere gate. Or click the expand button above to get detailed direction
Colchester A12 Junction (20a) Hatfield Peverel
1. At junction 20a, exit toward Hatfield Peverel/B1137 (0.3 mi)
2. Merge onto Bury Ln (0.1 mi)
3. Turn left at The St/B1137 (signs for Hatfield Peverel/Terling/Maldon/B1019) (0.4 mi) 4. Take the 2nd right onto Maldon Rd/B1019 (0.5 mi)
5. Slight right at Ulting Rd (1.1 mi)
6. Continue onto Crouchman's Farm Rd (0.4 mi)
7. Turn left to stay on Crouchman's Farm Rd (0.4 mi)
8. Take the 1st left onto Ulting Ln (0.2 mi)
Brentwood A12 Junction (18) Great Baddow
1. Head north on Exit 18 (0.2 mi)
2. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Maldon Rd/A414
3. heading to Maldon Continue to follow A414 Go through 1 roundabout (2.5 mi)
4. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Maldon Rd/A414 Continue to follow Maldon Rd (0.7 mi)
4. Turn left toward Herbage Park Rd (0.7 mi)
5. Continue straight onto Herbage Park Rd (0.5 mi)
6. Continue onto Church Hill (0.1 mi)
7. Continue onto The St (0.1 mi)
8. Continue onto Rectory Rd (0.4 mi)
9. Continue onto Hoe Mill Rd 0.4 mi
10. Turn left to stay on Hoe Mill Rd
11. Continue onto The Causeway (0.4 mi)
12. Turn right at Ulting Ln (0.2 mi)
Join Online Now
For all membership enquiries please contact the membership secretary.
Telephone: 07840 881970 (6pm - 8pm)